*Nischala Joy DeviLead Instructor
NISCHALA JOY DEVI is a masterful teacher and healer. For many years she has been highly respected as an international advocate for her innovative way of expressing Yoga and its subtle uses for spiritual growth and complete healing. Her dynamic delivery and deep inner conviction empower each individual, allowing the teachings to expand beyond boundaries and limitations of any one tradition enabling her to touch people’s hearts.
She was graced to spend over 25 years as a monastic disciple with the world-renowned Yogiraj Sri Swami Satchidanandaji, receiving his direct guidance and teachings. She also was blessed with teachings from great Yoga masters in US, India and worldwide.
Originally trained in Western medicine, she began to blend western medicine with Yoga, offered her expertise in developing the yoga portion of The Dean Ornish Program for Reversing Heart Disease, and co-founded the award-winning Commonweal Cancer Help Program. Her book “The Healing Path of Yoga,” and her Abundant WellBeing Audio Series expresses these teachings.
With her knowledge of yoga and her experience in assisting those with life-threatening diseases (particularly people with heart disease and cancer), she created Yoga of the Heart®, a training and certification program for Yoga teachers and health professionals designed to adapt Yoga practices to the special needs of that population.
- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Mar 15 2023
- Mar 15 2023
Radiant Spirit Yoga Online Event – March 15
Nischala Joy Devi will cover how Yoga of the Heart came to be.
Nischala Devi will offer insight into these and other questions:
- What are some of the special needs of patients with heart disease, cancer, and other debilitating conditions?
- In today’s world, should we be offering some of the techniques (e.g., imagery, meditation) to students who presumably are healthy?
- If so, does a small amount (~10 minutes of a 60 minute class) matter?
- How can we encourage those who would benefit but may be skeptical?